Ellen Trainor, M.S. Research Biologist
- Vegetation and habitat classification
- Field botany
- Land rehabilitation and restoration
- Wetland delineation, mapping, and functional assessment
- Ecological land surveys (ELS)
Ellen's experience includes implementing rehabilitation plans in disturbed oil field and arctic wetland sites to facilitate recovery, performing ecological land surveys all over the State of Alaska, and conducting wetland delineations. Projects include vegetation classification, mapping, field planning, and database management. Ellen obtained her master's degree in natural resource management from the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Wells A. F., G. V. Frost, T. Christopherson, M. J. Macander, and E. R. Trainor. 2016. Ecological land survey and soil landscapes map for Aniakchak National Monument and Preserve, Alaska, 2014. National Park Service. Fort Collins, CO.
- Wells, A. F., G. V. Frost, T. Christopherson, and E. R. Trainor. 2014. Ecological land survey and soil landscapes map for Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska, 2013. Natural Resource Technical Report NPS/KEFJ/NRTR—2014/921. National Park Service, Fort Collins, Colorado. https://irma.nps.gov/App/Reference/DownloadDigitalFile?code=512674&file=WellsA_2014_KEFJ__Ecological_and_Soil_Landscapes.pdf
- Wells, A., M. Macander, T. Jorgenson, T. Christopherson, B. Baird, and E. Trainor. 2013. Ecological land survey and soil landscapes map for Lake Clark National Park and Preserve, Alaska, 2011. National Park Service. Fort Collins, CO. Natural Resource Technical Report. NPS/LACL/NRTR—2013/693. 349 pp.
- Fielding, D.J., E. Trainor, and M. Zhang. 2012. Diet influences rates of carbon and nitrogen mineralization from decomposing grasshopper frass and cadavers. Biology and Fertility of Soils:1–8.
- Trainor, E.R. 2010. Responses of soil nutrients and soil respiration to frass and cadaver deposition from grasshoppers (Orthoptera:acrididae) in Alaskan agricultural soils. M.S. thesis, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Environmental Stewardship | Social Responsibility | Economic Viability