ABR, Inc.—Environmental Research and Services, an equal opportunity employer, seeks qualified applicants for the following job based out of our Fairbanks or Anchorage office.
JOB SUMMARY: ABR is seeking an innovative and friendly programmer to support our lead IT Specialist and wildlife and landscape scientists with programming, data management, and Unix system administration. You will be part of a team that develops data collection applications, manages databases, and analyzes data to meet client needs.
- Create, maintain, and improve software applications for desktop and mobile devices
- Support development of internal and external web applications
- Work with project managers to ingest, QA/QC, and manage field data
- Effectively communicate accurate and detailed knowledge of technology, software applications, and procedures to others, including non-programmers
- Experience using shared code repositories
- Familiarity with relational database concepts, database design, and integration with user applications
- Willingness to assist in Unix/Linux system administration
- Ability to communicate effectively, multi-task, prioritize, and execute tasks successfully in a deadline-driven environment
- Detail oriented and motivated to work collaboratively and independently
- Curiosity, sense of humor and grace under pressure; persistent, tactful, proactive, and responsive to feedback
- BS in Ecology, Geography, or Computer Science, or equivalent degree and 3 years of experience with programming
HOURS: 35 hours/week; occasional on-call and after hours support
WAGE: Depending on experience
BENEFITS: Eligible for full benefits after 3 months of employment.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.
CONTACT: Please e-mail resume, 3 professional references with phone numbers (prefer previous supervisors), links to public code repositories, if available, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include dates of availability. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Chris Swingley by e-mail email@example.com or phone: