Subsistence Fishery Monitoring
ABR has had the good fortune to work and live in Native communities throughout Alaska. Our scientists enjoy working closely with local governments and subsistence fishers in communities to monitor and assess the health of important subsistence fishery resources. We take great pride in our ability to act as a liaison between community members, our clients, and management agencies. Our specific areas of expertise include:
- fisheries harvest monitoring
- long-term fish population monitoring
- modeling of environmental and disturbance related drivers of aquatic conditions
- organizing community meetings and panels of experts for discussions on aquatic resources
- facilitating community engagement in management of subsistence fisheries
ABR's triple bottom line: "Environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic viability"